Back to article

Refund disputes

Click on a link below to find out more...

Making a Complaint to the RAB

If the tenant or the lessor/agent do not meet certain responsibilities described in the law, it may be an offence.

If you think that an offence under the Tenancies Act 1996 has been committed, call the RAB and ask for a Complaint Kit to be sent to you.

When submitting a formal complaint to the RAB, you will be asked to provide evidence to support your claim, such as proof that a rental bond has been paid to a lessor/agent if the alleged offence is that the lessor/agent didn't lodge the bond money with the RAB.

The complaints process is completely separate to the dispute resolution process.